Monday, May 25, 2009

Chicken salad

It was too hot tonight for anything else besides salad so I made a quick chicken salad.

I made up a marinade using about two tablespoons apricot jam (or jelly for the Americans - in SA jelly = jello - not something you'd put on your bread.) Anyway this is the apricot spread you put on bread. Ok, moving on. Add about a teaspoon of mustard, a little bit of vegetable stock or chicken stock with a little bit of hot water to mix it all up. I like veg stock, it gives good flavour. I did not measure anything, just add as you wish.

Pour the sauce into a pan and add the chicken pieces. Here you can see how much sauce I had compared to chicken. You don't need too much.

I cooked it on medium heat. Then got impatient and turned the heat right up! The chicken went golden brown and the sauce cooks away to form a slightly sticky sweet sauce. Mmmm... I like sweet...

Let the chicken cool and add to your salad. We love the bread and cheese here so had some of that with our salad.

I actually started running today, because I've been enjoying the cheese and chocolates too much! Now let's just hope I can keep up the exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment