1 tin condensed milk
2 heaped tablespoons custard powder
about 500 ml milk
2 heaped teaspoons sugar
Nice biscuits (or Tennis biscuits if you're in SA)
Here's how to make it:
1. Pour condensed milk into a bowl and fold in lemon juice until the condensed milk becomes quite thick. Next time I will measure how much lemon juice I used. You will need a few tablespoons full. It doesn't need to be solid. Just a bit thicker than when you poured it from the tin.
2. Place a layer of biscuits in the bottom of the dish and around the sides. I used a smallish dish. Let me go measure it... it's 22cm x 17cm. One packet of biscuits was just enough for this size of dish. You will need a bit more if your dish is any bigger.)
3. Mix custard powder and sugar with a little bit of milk.
4. Heat 500ml milk. Stir in custard mixture and keep stirring until boiling.
5. Pour warm custard over biscuits in dish.
6. Pack another layer of biscuits over the custard, keeping aside one biscuit.
7. Pour condensed milk mixture over the second layer of biscuits and crumble the one biscuit you kept aside over the top.
8. Refrigerate until set.