Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Freshly bakes bread rolls


I decided to make chicken burgers for dinner and found this recipe for baking hamburger rolls. It promised to be light and fluffy. I don't know what I did wrong, because light and fluffy it definitely was not. But delicious it was. It's better suited for breakfast with jam on though.

The beautiful bread rolls!

I made a sauce to go with the chicken. A self made up and thrown together what's in the fridge recipe. I chopped and caramelized an onion, added chopped chili, tomato, green pepper and mushrooms. I added some red wine and a squeeze or two of barbeque sauce. Salt, pepper and herbs and let it bubble away on the stove. Keep the lid on for most of the time. If there's too much liquid, take the lid off to reduce it.

In the photo you can see the sauce in the bowl on the left and on the right is a zucchini salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment