Sunday, September 13, 2009

Zwetschgenkuchen


I had some plums or prunes, I'm never sure which is which, the small ones, Zwetschgen in German. So I decided to use the Hungarian Tart recipe which I made before, but instead of the apricot jam I used Zwetschgen. Click here for the recipe for the dough. I didn't have vanilla so I added 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon. The cinnamon went really well with the prunes.

I pressed half the dough in a dish. This time I used a bigger dish and made the dough layer thinner which tasted much better.

Finely slice the prunes. Then I borrowed from another recipe my mom sent me for a similar fruit tart and sprinkled about a 1/4 cup sugar over the fruit and some more cinnamon. Her recipe also asks for 1 tablespoon lemon juice but I forgot about this.

Then grate the remaining dough over the top and bake at 170C for about 30 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment