Wednesday, June 10, 2009

PizzaPizzaPizza

I love pizza! I can eat pizza all the time! Especially home made pizza and I found this recipe for a thin pizza crust on another blog and thought I'll give it a try. The first time I tried it I thought it's not going to work... but it did and we made it again last night. I could have it again right now!!

So here's what you do. (It makes one pizza by the way.)
Combine:
120g flour
1/2 t instant yeast
1/2 t sugar
1/2 t salt

Stir in: 1/3 cup water (at room temperature). You might need to add some more water. Just at very little bits at a time.

It will be rough looking, not smooth and don't over mix.

In a small bowl poor 4 tsp olive oil.
Add the dough and turn to coat with oil.
Leave for 1 hour. It should double in size, but I don't think mine did...

Then remove the dough from the bowl and press it into a circle. Leave for 15 min. The first time I did this on some flour on the counter top and I had to scrape it off to get it on the oven pan. So last night I just pressed it straight onto the oven pan. Much easier and less to clean up afterwards.

After 15 min, press dough further into a circle. Cover with plastic (cling wrap) and leave 30-45 min.

Pre-heat oven: 220 C
Bake without toppings: 5 min.
Add toppings and bake another 5 min.

I almost forgot to take a picture of the finished pizza! Remembered just in time before we finished it all!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment