Sunday, June 28, 2009

Salmon & Avo salad

When my mom came to visit a few weekends ago she brought me some smoked salmon and also an Afrikaans magazine from South Africa, rooi rose. This recipe is from this magazine. I was again too hungry to think of taking a picture of my delicious salad but here is the picture from the magazine:

And here's what you need for this salad:

Avocado
Smoked salmon
1 tin Mandarin slices, drained. (I couldn't find this, then found it last week but I've finished the salmon..)
1 tin grapefruit slices, drained. (I used a fresh grapefruit.)
Chopped pistachio nuts
Fresh watercress

Arrange on serving plate.

For the dressing, mix:
20 ml (4t) orange juice
60 ml (1/4 c) olive oil
5 ml (1t) Dijon mustard
2.5 ml (1/2t) ground ginger
Grated rind of one orange
5 ml (1t) fresh thyme

No comments:

Post a Comment