Sunday, June 7, 2009

Roast beef - another one by André

We haven't had red meat since arriving here in der Schweiz. That's almost 2 months ago now. Well, André has some good lunches at work so he probably has had some, but we haven't bought any. It's only been chicken and veg and lots of pizza and pasta.

So yesterday we went to Sihlcity, a shopping mall in Zurich and the COOP there is huge! At first I got excited about seeing such a big grocery store, but then it got a bit overwhelming. I'm not used to so many choices anymore! And it took a long time. But then shopping with André usually takes a long time and we end up buying lots more than what's
on the grocery list. So that's how we ended up buying this great piece of meat. Sorry to the vegetarians.. We don't eat meat often but once in a while a good piece of meat is sooo good!

Doing a roast is not my specialty so I'm not even going to go into details about what Andre did. I enjoy cooking and I actually want to be busy doing something. Making a roast you just put the meat in the oven and wait. Ok, with some spices etc, but still, there's not much going on.

But it was oh so good! I'm already looking forward to having the left overs for lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment