Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chicken Pot Pie



I've been wanting to make a chicken pie for a while now. Then I came across this recipe for a chicken pot pie on this website and thought I'll give it a try as I like trying out new recipes.

Prep time 25 min
Cook time 30 min
Difficulty easy

Ingredients
6 T butter
1/8 t thyme
1/4 t pepper
6 T flour
1 1/2 C chicken broth
1 1/2 C half-and-half (half cream)
2 C chicken breast, cubed
1 whole carrot, diced
1/2 C peas
6 whole new potatoes (I used one big potato), cubed
1 box Double crust pastry shell (Not sure exactly what this is, but I used puff pastry)

Cook chicken in some butter until brown. Remove from pan.
Boil vegetables until soft.
Cook butter, thyme, flour and pepper (add salt to taste) on low until bubbly.
Remove from heat and add chicken broth and cream. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly till think.
Fold together sauce with chicken and vegetables.
Pour into uncooked pastry shell. Cover with pastry.


Bake in preheated oven at 220 C for 30 min.

Wash the dishes while the pie is in the oven.

While your husband has a beer after he helped with the cooking.

Keep an eye on the pie! Make sure it doesn't burn in the oven. I turned the oven down to 150 C when it started getting a bit too brown on top.

Then enjoy your pie with a glass of wine!

PS Next time I will fry some onion and garlic too and add some mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment